Helen Healy, BA (Hons)
Before training to become a counsellor I worked for over twenty years as a palliative care nurse, offering nursing and psychological care to patients and relatives in a hospice. Through nursing I learnt the importance of listening, and being alongside people in great distress. It was a desire to develop and deepen my skills which drew me towards training as a counsellor
I trained as an Integrative-Relational counsellor at Kingston College and obtained a BA in counselling from Middlesex University. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
My approach is Integrative and Relational, this means that in my work I draw on the insights and understanding from Psychodynamic and Humanistic theoretical backgrounds. I believe that each person given the right conditions can grow, overcome difficulties, and live more fully. The necessary conditions for this to happen I believe can be found within relationships with others committed to our wellbeing and growth.
I work in an open ended way, and would see you for a 50min session weekly, or for a fixed time (for example six or twelve weeks) if we agreed on this together. I abide by the BACP code of ethics and my work is supervised by a senior practitioner.
I may be able to help if:
- You feel distressed, overwhelmed or unable to cope.
- You are struggling with bereavement, an ending or loss.
- You are experiencing relationship difficulties.
- You are experiencing problems with self-esteem.
- You are suffering with depression or anxiety.
- You want to live a fulfilled life but do not know what that would look like for you.
- You feel stuck, repeating unhelpful patterns of behaviour.
- You are seeking to heal past hurts and unmet needs.
- You are in a time of transition, uncertain of the way ahead.
- You want to change a behaviour that is limiting your life in some way.
My fees are:
|Initial 50 min consultation
|(Opportunity to meet and to find out if we would like to work together.)
|Fee per 50 min session
I also offer a limited number of low cost places.
I am available for consultations in East Molesey, Surrey by appointment.
I also provide online counselling.
Please contact me to arrange a consultation.
Please see below some testimonials from previous clients:
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have.
I look forward to hearing from you.